Friday, July 27, 2007

BUSY, BUSY BUSY!!! SUMMER'S ALMOST OVER!

Haven't written much - that must mean we haven't been busy.....right? WRONGO!! Let's see..... strength training camp ( 6 weeks); church camp (one week); various sleepovers and play dates (all summer long); birthdays ( Aaron and Daddy); Gymnastics (every other week); Daddy and I working everyday - and trying to keep the house under control with the kids staying home by themselves; not to mention preparing for our upcoming vacation to............ Disney!

It's a cliche, but where has the summer gone! We are only a few days away from our 4th trip to Disney - VERY EXCITED!! Trying to get ready for the upcoming school year. I am not ready to see Aaron start 8th grade because that means only one more year and he will be in high school. It can't be...it's too soon.... not yet, not yet! He officially turned into a teenager this summer. That was harder on me than any milestone so far. More on this later.

About Disney.... woohoo! I think me and Dad are as excited if not more to go than the kids. We hear some adults say they have no interest in going, but we love it!! How could you not? Fun, food, rides, magic! Amazing! A few things that are must when you go to Disney. At the top of the list is Fulton's Crab House!! This is our tradition - you absolutely must eat here! DELICIOUS! You must spend at least two days at EPCOT - we love going thru the World Showcase. Very Cool! You must have your picture taken in front of Cinderella's Castle. I love comparing the pictures from years past. You must buy trading pins. Aaron especially likes this. He's hoping to find someone to trade with. This year we are staying in a new resort. Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. Very excited! Plus we will have our own washer and dryer so we can pack half as much! We love the entire Disney experience!

Alvin is particularly looking forward to this trip. Work has been extremely stressful this summer. I hate seeing him like that. Worried, stressed, distracted. Very sad. I want so much for him to be happy. He hasn't been in a while. I know I am supposed to lift it up to God - but I feel like there is something more I could be doing. Hopefully this break will lift his spirits some.

I have been trying to scrap our last Disney pics before we leave. Lately I have been feeling a little more creative, I think because I finally let go of the feeling that the pages had to be perfect - or needed to be the same quality as the life artists that I love. Whew! I am really enjoying scrapping so much more - it's fun again. I'm also getting more done. 4 pages in a week is a record for me. I use to agonize over how to design a page - now I just go with it! Still love using others as inspiration, but I am trying to stick with my first instinct and not second-guessing myself. I'll never be published - and that's OK. I'm not doing this for fame or money - I'm doing this for my family and myself! This is what I will leave my kids. My legacy for them. Their memories lovingly and artfully preserved. I am most proud of the albums I have for my family. And even though some don't like having their picture take constantly!! (Daddy) I know that when we are gone Aaron and Elaina will cherish every single photo that they have. I do.

I think now I might be able to finally make an album about Daddy. Aaron really wants one. It is something I need to do. More on this later.

Hopefully I can get back into the swing of posting. I really do enjoy it.
Later,
J

No comments: